By Perry Chiaramonte
Published June 01, 2012
The attacks on the World Trade center on Sept. 11 2001 released toxic particles in the air around the site causing many first responders to develop a variety of serious illness including respiratory ailments and cancer. (AP2001)
Workers who suffered health problems long after the rescue and cleanup at the Ground Zero “pile” following the 9/11 attacks say they are frustrated by a “complex” claims process that is hindering their access a $4.3 billion fund set up for them – prompting officials to promise they’ll streamline the application process.
The fund, created under the 2011 James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act, is earmarked for workers and volunteers whose symptoms remained dormant for years. So far, none of the money has been disbursed, as claimants struggle to prove their presence at the toxic site in the days and weeks following the attacks, which released a toxic stew of deadly chemicals. Successful applicants can get compensation for health care expenses and lost wages.
June 1, 2012 | Categories: 2012 Election, Agency Regulation, America's Freedoms, America's National Security, American Exceptionalism, American Legacy People, Americans Reject Sharia and Islamic Supremacism, Congress, Constitutional Responsibilities, Corruption, Corruption in Government, Deficit, Education, Election 2012, Elections Politics, Freedom Justice and Liberty, Government, Healthcare, Individual Rights and Freedoms, Liberal Scare Tactics, Media Corruption, Most Americans Reject Socialism, New Media News, Political Contests, Privacy for Citizens, Progressives pushing for Marxism/Socialism, Propaganda, Tea Party Conservatives, Unfunded Union Pensions, War on Terror | Tags: 9/11 Health and Compensation Act, 9/11/2001, battle bureaucracy, casualties of disaster, DOJ, Fox News, government, Ground Zero, health problems, James Zadroga, medicine, New York, Noah Kushlefsky, politics, workers, World Trade Center, WTC | Leave A Comment »
- Posted on June 1, 2012 at 2:47pm by Madeleine Morgenstern
SANFORD, Fla. (The Blaze/AP) — A judge on Friday revoked the bond of the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and ordered him returned to jail within 48 hours.
Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said that George Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, misled the court about how much money they had available when his bond was set for $150,000 in April. Prosecutors claim Zimmerman had $135,000 available that had been raised by a website he set up.
Zimmerman‘s wife testified at the bond hearing that they had limited funds available since she was a nursing student and Zimmerman wasn’t working.
“He can’t sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods,” Lester said.
Defense attorney Mark O’Mara said the fact that Zimmerman and his wife never used the money for anything indicated “there was no deceit.”
June 1, 2012 | Categories: Manufactured Crisis, New Media News, Politics, Progressives pushing for Marxism/Socialism, Radical Liberal Progressive Left, United States Court System | Tags: ABC News, Arab League, Bond Revoked, crimminal charges, current-events, George Zimmerman, manslaughter, Mark O'Mara, neighborhood watch, orlando sentinel, paypal account, politics, second degree murder, Trevon Martin, turn himself in, within 48-hours | Leave A Comment »